"ROYAL" = (Once held by a King or Queen) = VERY RARE
2 Acres Land in Caithness
Baronial Silver & Gold Crown
Baronial Seal Ring
Investiture in Castle
Man = BARON
Women = BARONESS
The ROYAL Barony of Strathdale Cairns is a Scottish feudal barony located in the historical county of Caithness, not far from Loch of Camster and the famous Grey Cairns of Camster. The first barons of Strathdale Cairns were from the Lawson family, descendants of a man named James who around 1617 had been granted in liberam baroniam the territory near Camster, Caithness by King James VI (THE ONLY KING OF SCOTLAND & ENGLAND) son of Mary Queen of Scots.
The Barony remained the property of members of the Lawson family for nearly of 300 years.
On 27 July 1857, a Crown Charter was granted in favour of Thomas Lawson of the lands and barony of Strathdale Cairns to the trustees of Thomas Lawson. Eventually on 1 December 1979 the Trustees of Thomas Lawson divided the lands of the Barony and sold it. The barony remained in the hands of J. Klapwijk until October the 7th 1992 and it was sold to the current owner.
Transferred through Solicitors.