In stock

Count & Countess di VERGADO Italy. Located on a beautiful Island once belonging to Italy VRGADA now held by Croatia in the Adriatic sea.

Here on the Island there was once a Palace belonging to the title (Not included in the sale).





(Count & Countess Established 1421)
Under this name Vrgada is mentioned until the end of the 14th century. From the 15th century until the 1617th The name appears LAPKAT, probably as an abbreviation derived from the old name LUMBRIKATON, then the name VERGADA by Venetian origin, Italian and perhaps Croatian-Venetian derived name VRHGRADA. Centuries of Venetian rule has meant that the name Vrgada has remained to this day. End of the 14th century, some monks (eremita), the Paulist order, left the monastery of Vrana (on land) and dwell in the fortress of Vrgadi. Where he established a monastery of St. George and the remaining twenty years. By decision of the Archdiocese of Zadar, around 1410th He left Vrgada and moved to the island ŠKOLJIĆ Preko, on the island of Ugljan. One of these monks remain in Vrgadi as pastor. The bay POCRIKVI, the cemetery of the church of St. Andrew, from the ninth century. It was built along the lines of the ancient Croatian pre-Romanesque churches in Dalmatia. 

The legend says that Once upon a time at sea, made tomjesto wooden statue of St. Andrew, otherwise the Byzantine saint, and the people, in honor of the saint, built the church and the statue placed on its altar. St. Andrew of the Vrgadi people still worship as the patron saint of fishermen. Church of St. Andrew was the late 17th century parish church. It is known that in what the Pauline monks, during his stay in the monastery-fortress, the sermon of the faithful among Vrgada. Many parish priests were later called "crikve svetga Andrew parishioners". and the Vrgadi registered as "Holy Trinity parishioners v. Vrgadi crikve". The church is only part of the building. It is, at this time with the windmill, built in a circular motion. That the existing circular building, where today stands the main altar and the sacristy was added to an aisle of the newly built church at the side altar, space for the people and raised the roof. The church, on its main altar, the image is restored Holy Trinity. The precious works of art is undoubtedly part of a, still unknown, Venetian painter. Other values of the church are partly deposited in the parish court and partly in the Archdiocese of Zadar. 

The bay Przina are still visible today, and the stone remains of the bulkhead of the old salt pans. In order to present their documents, Vrgada was obliged to give Zadar priori by each house 9 measures of salt per year. However, the 1096 Zadar before Drago transferred Sv.Krševana monastery to Zadar, one of courtesy they enjoyed for centuries in Zadar Vrgadi priori, ie, giving the above measures of salt per year. There is no record of it when these bonds are terminated or when it ceased production of the salt marshes. its remains can be seen it must have been a long time ago. In addition to these benefits Vrgada had the obligation and the bishop of Zadar. What and how much was not known, but we know they exist. Since Venice established its authority over Dalmatia, Vrgada was in possession of various nobles who were themselves appointed counts. The first accounts about the Vrgadi was ZLORADIS Zadar nobleman who obtained the Vrgada lease 18th October 1421. After him, and 1453 The owner becomes Conte Farina, who was in Venice for his services gave to the island. In 1652 Dukes buy Klokocica Vrgada and masters over it until 1681 when it was bought Damiani.
Nowadays the Island no longer belongs to Italy as it now belongs to Croatia.

The area is famous for it's Dalmatian dogs of war.
Due to the minimal amount of oil in their coats, Dalmatians lack a dog odor and stay fairly clean relative to many other dog breeds.

Comes with a Crown in solid Silver and real Pearls.